Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Germanic Spanglish and Cheese Sticks.

Hello Internet Explorers, (been avoiding that one, if you can tell  why.)

I didn't post yesterday because I found out my cat whose been my cat for sixteen years ,and has been alive for twenty-two, is dying. Very sad, I literally slept all day.

But now I'm back and here to recap the interesting stuff from Monday and today.

So we all know that Van Slog has too be the worst Spanish teacher in the history of the subject, but she got worse. I go into Spanish class about five minutes late (Because really I'm not worried about being late too her class, it's not like I'm going to miss anything.) to a new seating arrangement. Not really caring because I'm sat next to people I can copy off of, I continue with what I do in her class (Doodle mostly, and pass notes back to Omar.)
All was well in my little universe, until she started speaking German. Now I don't understand Spanish, and sometimes English freaks me out too. But fucking German, really Van Slog? Why was it necessary to give me even more of a Monday blues headache, who knows.

After that it was a pretty normal day, except in history. Omar, Jacob, Khris, Louis, and I had to write a children's book about the British invasion of China, and the Opium war. Seriously the best in class project so far, I had a lot of fun coming up with the story with this group of guys. Plus it was adorable watching Omar and Jacobs face's light up with glee at every new idea we added.

Today, however, was a very uneventful day.
Now I mean that in the most amazing way possible. The teachers noticed pretty much everyone was in a bit of a funk. So they almost gave us the day off.
My day started with being flirted with by the Starbucks barrista. (I think we should have a tally for how many times I mention Starbucks in the year....) Which brightened my dark morning, plus I got to have a pumpkin spice latte, which is amazingly fall-esque and made me happy. But because of my little habit, I arrived to PE about fifteen minutes behind. I repeat, I arrived to PE fifteen minutes late with a Starbucks. (Life goal achieved, if you don't get the joke click here to be redirected to knowyourmeme.) We were running, which is gross, and I am sick right now. (I'm usually sick. Constantly because when you say "Don't hug me, I'm sick and don't want to get you sick!" It makes me want too hug you more....) So I sat this one out.
Step one on a good day, lazy PE hour.

Next was Geometry. The class that I have gotten so frazzled in Mrs. Thinnes has given me candy to make me feel better. And boy was I not looking forward too it. But wait, what was that on the board? Homework wasn't due and all I had was fifteen vocab words? Hallelujah.
Step two on an awesome day, No math.

I have Mrs. Thinnes for elective too, and my elective is film. I am sick and needed to put forth effort to act. Talk about not fun. But I got to visit my FAVORITE TEACHER MRS. EDWARDS (She is sorta the reason I've continued to pursue writing as an actual carrier. Seriously with out her, I wouldn't have made this blog or my writing blog. She is amazing, both as a teacher and author. I'll put up her link eventually.)
Step three too an amazeballs day, A fed Edwards.

And then there was lunch.
Step four to a super mega foxy awesome hot day, A fed Baugus.

We finished our day off with Hogans. Who every explicitly told us "You've been writing too much, let's goof off a bit." Seriously Mr. Hogan gets what it's like to be a student. Bored, tired, on the brink of tears. But he always squeezes thought into us, which is what an English teacher is supposed too do. Make you think.
Step Five to a wonderful day, Understanding.

Song of the day is Disco Inferno by The Trammps and I Got Mine by The Black Keys brought to us by the infinitely awesome Jake (the Junior....)
As always,
Stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment