Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Holiday.

Hello fellow Internet pilgrims,
So let me just start by saying, I am still grounded. I would personally like someone to count the days for me. The task seems tiring and depressing. But I've bee able to get around the brink of bad times.
Okay, so extra credit is kinda annoying. Even more so because I'm broke and can't afford supplies to do this stupid tempest of work. In good news, I have an excuses to get out of the house. I need to start working on papers. My science revision is the important one. Then my issue paper. I'm going to be so freaking exhausted by the end of this week of  "relaxation".

I hope you're doing better then I am, I know I complain a lot, but where else am I going to talk about my suck-y life. It hasn't all sucked, just most of the time. But good news is, if I get a 3.0 on my GPA (grade point average) then I get the Nokia Lumia 1020. Literally my dream phone. I'll even get a wireless plan!
And, in theory, it shouldn't be that difficult to fail math and still get a 3.0. I just have to do super well in all my other classes.

Also here's a tiny recap of last Friday with Brooke:

"Hey Brooke, wanna go to lunch today?" Said the text at almost seven in the morning. It was a mild day for California, and the last day before thanksgiving break. I figured it would be fun to spend some time with my best friend before my mom instigated her N.Korea policy. No phones, no Internet (haha), and no public opinion.
I waited through most of the day without a response. Even though we saw each other for most of the day. I was in Hogans class when I frantically texted her (frantic because my phone was dying) "We still on for lunch??"
She responded promptly. "Hold on."
This made me giggle. Hold on? really? We were on an interstellar light ship and I was supposed to hold on, or maybe she was quoting the (really sorry I'm going to use this purely ironic reference) great Edward Cullen? In actuality she was texting Sam. I got out of class and we went to PE.
I think I've talked about my personal hate of PE, or physical education. There is no education about it. It's just running. But I like PE at Ipoly more then I liked it anywhere else. (Shout out to Mr. Hanke best PE teacher ever.)
We played a rousing game of soccer, where I was allowed to move around. I dropped six people that game, including Brooke. We laughed about it like idiots, I even brought up "Just like old times."
Referring to when we used to tackle each other. And then most awesomely my team won!
So after the game Brooke and I decided to get some grub, to Panda Express. I was worried because 1) I had to walk. And 2) I wasn't sure that they would have vegetarian meals. (HINT: They didn't everything was made with chicken base.)
I love/hate walking. It sucks because my lungs hate me, and I'm a big klutz.
So we walked up to Panda. I was doing pretty well, until we were right next to the stairs leading up to Panda.
My ankle rolled, and then caught on my shoe and snapped. Just like the fortune cookie I would later enjoy. My glasses comically, almost like in Scooby-Doo, flew off my face and I went down. Brooke went after my glasses and I immediately went to my ankle. Surprise surprise, it was the one I had previously broken. Brooke rushed over to me, but it was too late. A passer by had spotted my fallen (and slightly crying) figure. He shouted with a heavy accent,
"Are you okay? Should I call an ambulance?"
Brooke and I said in, what at the time sounded like unison,
"NO! No ambulance."
At this point I was starting to feel the foot swell, and once he was sure that I could handle it, he left with a question,
"Both of you have cell phones?"
Brooke wasted no time, "Yes."
Telepathically we both laughed, both are phones were dead as dinos. After he left Brooke knelt down to replace my glasses on my face.
"Hey there Velma."
She and I both laughed at the ridiculous reference. Then, hopping along on her shoulder, we went inside.
And I proceeded to make bad puns, and occasionally grimace in pain.
My personal favorite pun:
"I came in like a wreaking fall! I never fell so hard before."
or alternatively:
"I had a trip up to Panda... Get it?"

Yeah, that's about it for what Friday was all about. My ankle is doing much better and I fully blame Brooke for making me walk.

Anyways, song of the day is Holiday by Vampire Weekend
Happy Thanksgiving to all those in the states, and for those who celebrate. And for those who don't, eat some pie tomorrow and feel a little bit more freedom. (That was a joke by the way, no one lynch me.)
As always,
Stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment