Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The First Day.

"You are north house now."

Hello fellow Internet wanderers, glad to see you around again.

Today was the first day, which was terror filled and exciting. I'm sure you may not have started school yet (or maybe you have) in any consolation, congrats on surviving the first day. I understand how that can be a bit of a chore (especially for all you freshies out there) Today was a day of new classes and changed faces. People got taller and sometimes more defined (summer sports can do wonders for mussel growth apparently) Don't worry you shouldn't get too lost, though I did.

The car ride was the same one we took all last year, but something felt different, maybe it was the new shoes, or all the crap they make you carry sophomore year. We (Grandpa and I) pulled up into Ipoly's weird little drive by drop off zone and I stepped out into my first day. And I was bombarded with love, no literally almost immediately after entering I got hugged by Brooke who then told me we were not in the same house (Houses are kinda like homeroom but not.)

Apparently I was in east house, which is the history house, (We're going to have to have a discussion about what houses are, think harry potter but less magic and more acne.) taught by Daily. So we stood there socializing and talking about all the shit we didn't get to do this summer. Until Daily's voice crackled up over the loud speaker to call all the new tenth graders to be respectively introduced to their schedules. I made my way up the sophomore stair case and latched onto the first person I knew, which so happened to be Vivian.

We stood outside of the Spanish room for what seemed like forever, then Thinness strutted up to the door and opened it like none of us were smart enough to try to do. After sitting for about fifteen minutes and looking like a dumbass, I found out that I was in the wrong house.

But how could this be, I had checked the paper, it said east! what was this blasphemy?

Then like ten other people raised their hands saying  "Uh, I think this may not be quite right for me..." Thinness (who shall be known as lady savior for the rest of this post!) took the twelve or so of us away to the MPR where I happily discovered my new home, North house.

And the remainder of the day followed that pattern of scatterbrained tom foolery.

And I'm so painfully excited.

Today's song is New Perspective by Panic at the Disco
As always,
Stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment